Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Train Etiquette


It seems of late that the trains are getting worse, they are delayed, broken down, the heating doesn't work, there is too many people. I could go on. However one thing makes it worse and that is people not sticking to the most basic of train etiquette!
If you live in London and have to deal with the commute everyday you do become hardened and expect less from people and possibly yourself and yesterday this hit me.
In the morning the train had been late again while we waited for another delayed train to leave the station and then  there was no heating on the train and when I got to Victoria I had to queue for the tube outside the gates that they put up when the platform has overcrowded. On the way home someone had sadly jumped in front of the train at Norbury and we couldnt get anywhere. Thats when it hit me, when I had been physically pushed over for the third time on the platform whilst waiting for a train it made me really sad.  I posted it as my twitter status later and someone reminded me to use my elbows....that shouldn't be what it is all about.
So from here on in I am going to try and stick to some rules:
Smile at at least one person during the journey
Make sure my music (which I rarely listen to on trains) is at a minimum
Make sure my phone conversations are quiet
Offer my seat to those less able to stand
No shoes on the seats
Make sure you are only taking up one seat.
Be Polite and move out of the doorway so people can board and leave the train.
Try not to push
Move out of the way if someone is trying to get past you.

If you still have to push to get on a train so you are not late for work just remember that everyone else is trying to get somewhere just as important as you and try and be nice about it.
Well at least I will try! Anyone else with me?


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home