Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

 

9649_MEDIUM

 

Macaroni Tuna Bake is the first thing I ever learnt to cook. Its easy and a favourite of mine. So I wanted to share it with you. I make this when I am looking for something quick and easy, generally when I have been at work and not prepared before I left for work!!!

My boyfriends mum makes an even tastier version with a different sauce and crisps as a topping, I will try and find the recipe at some point.

 

 

What you will need:

Pasta (my favourite is penne tubes or little bowties)

Tuna (the best is in brine or water not oil as this is fatty!)

Sweetcorn

Peas

Hollandaise sauce mix with milk and butter to make it up

Grated Cheese

breadcrumbs for the top

Green Salad to go alongside.

A Dish to grill it in,

 

Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, and then just before the end add the peas to cook through, drain. Drain Tuna and canned sweetcorn.

In a saucepan mix the hollandaise sauce mixture together. In the pasta dish pour in the pasta and peas, mix in sweetcorn and tuna, when the hollandaise sauce is cooked pour over the pasta. Top with breadcrumbs and cheese (at this point you can add herbs should you choose such as parsley) place under the grill for a few minutes to crisp up and serve.

Enjoy, boy its making me hungry!

img_0424-version-2

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home